Sunday, January 16, 2011

Amazing Grace

I was twiced blessed today, two reminders on this Martin Luther King Day celebration and the sacrifice that Dr. King made so that we can enjoy the freedom and privileges that we now have.

My Pastor, Rev. Dr. Cleopatrick Lacy, preached an excellent sermon and someone emailed the history of the song, Amazing Grace, definitely a favorite of mine.

I wish I had that beautiful voice of Wintley Phipps; he really sings this song but I am going to encourage you to go to http://www.youtube.com/ to view Amazing Grace History by Wintley Phipps.

If you want to hear a dynamite preacher preach and teach, you can contact my church and get a CD of my Pastor, Preacher and Teacher, Rev. Dr. Cleopatrick Lacy, an annointed man of God, at Mt. Zion Baptist Church, 321 East Taylor Street, Griffin, GA 30223, (770) 228-1927.

I got to plug both this Sunday. It was God's amazing grace that I got up after feeling poorly all week. I got up and got to church. I still have the same aches, but my spirit was fed. I was obedient to the call of Christ, and as my Pastor said in his sermon, that we all should have a song in our heart. He reminded us of the song of Moses (Exodus 15: 1-18) and he reflected on a song we all have know since we were children, "Jesus loves me; Yes, I know, for the Bible tells me so." I know many of you have sung that song; most of us learned it as a child. It is still relevant today.

The Word of God is replete with scripture that reminds us that God loves and cares for us. Look in the concordance in the back of your Bible.

I have to leave you with two of my favorite scriptures 1 Peter 6:7, "Give all your worries to Him, because He cares about you." God cares for us. He says it in Word. He cannot lie, right? He is God and God does not lie.

John 3:16 says that "for God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." God loved us so much that He sent His one and only Son to die for our sins. This reminds me of another song, that goes, and "That's love" and I think Vickie Winans sings it. I am not sure that is the title, but she sings it throughout the song. She reminds us of the love that God has for us because of His son's sacrifice on Calvary.

I have written before on the sufficiency of God's grace and it is this amazing grace that we have that gives us assurance of God's love for us. Amazing grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. Be encouraged and keep a song in your heart! God's amazing grace is sufficient.

Thought for Today: Think on the goodness of God's amazing grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment