Sunday, December 27, 2009

What Christians Should Do

I like to think of myself as a student of the Word of God. One of my favorite scriptures is in the book of Colossians where I am reminded of Rules for Holy Living.

In Colossians 3:1-4 states: "Since you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

Setting your heart on things above means striving to put heaven's priorities into daily practice. Setting your minds on things above means concentrating on the eternal rather than the temporal. "For you died" means that we should have as little desire for this world as a dead person would have. The Christian's real home is where Christ lives (John 14:2,3). This view gives us a different perspective on our lives here on earth. To "set your minds on things above" means to look at life from God's perspective and to seek what He desires.

By setting my heart and mind on things above has given me the peace and joy that God wants me to experience while here on earth. Being a student of the Word of God fills my heart with the love of God by knowing the truths which are set forth in the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment