Monday, January 4, 2010

God's Grace is Sufficient

I am very much like the Apostle Paul in my suffering; however, not in anything else other than my zeal to know God better.

The Apostle Paul had a thorn in his side, and on several occasions, he asked God to remove it. Now I don't know nor does the Bible tell us why God didn't remove it, but God chose not to do so. Well, I suffer with arthritis, and every morning, I wonder if I am going to get out of the bed. I have prayed about my arthritis and asked God if he could just take it away from me. I still have it! So let examine why God doesn't remove things when we ask Him.

Well, one of the reasons I am certain, is it is not in His plan for me nor for the Apostle Paul. Not in his plan. Wow! Well what is His plan? I feel God wants to demonstrate His power in me even though He won't remove my physical affliction. God is so powerful that He is going to use my affliction to His glory.

The Word of God says in 2 Corinthians 12:9, that "my grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

God is not going to take away my pain, but He plans to use it to glorify Himself. His grace alone is all that I need to live with my arthritis. I got up and the blood started flowing; I moved around a little more, and the joints started moving. How good is that? That even in my pain, God still strengthens me for the work He has for me to do.

What work is that? Getting down on my knees and thanking Him for another day that I can see and rejoice in! I talk to Him and He talks to me. I get up off my knees. Thank you, Jesus, that I can still get up! I rush to the dining room table where all Bible and devotional materiasl are and I search for the Word that God has for me this day! I don't turn the TV or radio on, or rush to read the newspaper. See I know that God is in control of this universe, so the things of this world don't interest me as much as searching the Word of God.

God has a word for us every day. The Bible says that, "for the Word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." (Hebrews 4:12)

The word of God is not simply a collection of words from God, a vehicle for communicating ideas; it is living, life -changing, and dynamic as it works in us. The word of God is dynamic! It is like a stick of dynamite - it is explosive! Somthing is suppose to go off in us when we read the Word of God.

With the incisiveness of a surgeon's knife, God's Word reveals who we are and what we are not.. It penetrates the core of our moral and spiritual life. It discerns what is within us, both good and evil. The demands of God's Word require decisions. We must not only listen to the Word, we must also let it shape our lives!

In Hebrews 4:13, it says "nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of Him to whom we must all give an account." God will expect us to give an account to Him on judgment day.

God sees and knows everything about us. There is no where we can hide from his view. A poem I read says it plainly: "I searched with all my heart to know if God was really there: He graciously revealed Himself. His mercy, love, and care." He allows us to see another day; he loves us in spite of our sinful nature, and he cares so deeply for us that He let his Son, Jesus, come and die for our sins.

So even though we have difficulties in life and mull over them in our minds, I encourage you to change your thought pattern and instead focus on God. We as believers in Christ have a place to take these burdens. The Word of God says, "Cast all your care upon the Lord, for He cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)

Isn't it fantastic that we have a God who cares for us; who already knows our problems, and that He has given us enough grace for whatever we face.

Thought for today: God has a purpose and a plan for our lives. He will get us through every trial and tribulation as we trust Him with our life. God will receive the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment