Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"I'll Be There" - Song Performed by Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson had to be the most popular pop star in the world. I keep saying I don't watch TV much but I like to look at the TV guide to see if there is anything I really want to watch. Michael Jackson is all over the TV guide. A number of shows are dedicated to him. There are so many documentaries, that it is unbelievable!

I keep wondering why God is not as revered as Michael Jackson and he was only a human! A human that God created.

One of the most popular songs that Michael Jackson made when he was a little boy was "I'll Be There." I have always loved this song and yesterday morning, the radio was playing this song by Michael Jackson. The song goes like this:

"You and I must make a pact, we must bring salvation back,
Where there is love, I'll be there.

I"ll reach out my hand to you, I'll have faith in all you do,
Just call my name and I'll be there."

"Where there is love, I'll be there" keep ringing in my head all day. I keep wondering if Michael Jackson felt the love of God when he was singing this song. Was he separated from the love of God? Did he feel God's love? Did he understand the meaning of what he was singing or was he just singing words that were given to Him by a song writer.

This what God says to us, "where there is love, I'll be there." God continuously tell us in his Word that He is love and if we love Him, then He is there.

The Bible says, "We have come to know and believe the love God has for us. God is love. If you live in love, you live by the help of God and God lives in you." 1 John 4:16 and continues in Jeremiah 31:3, where "the Lord came to us from far away, saying, "I have loved you with a love that lasts forever. So I have helped you come to Me with loving-kindness."

The only true love a man has ever know - love that is pure, unconditional, steadfast, and everlasting - has come from God. He has loved you longer and stronger than anyone has, more than your parents, your friends, your wife, your husband, your children, or anybody else. God's love has been coming your way since before you were conceived.

However, God has felt the pain of separation every time you've been distracted from him by the people and things in your life.

I have a deep sadness over the way we revere athletes and entertainers, and we don't revere God the same way. The stadiums are full; the movie theaters are full; the concerts are all full with people just waiting to see athletes, actors, actresses, and singers. All of whom received their natural gift from God.

The greatest love a man will ever experience is the bond between himself and God. When you honor God's perfect love for you by putting your relationship with him above all else and revering him alone, your connection with him will remain strong. God has constantly remindd us that He is a jealous God and will have no other gods before Him.

The song goes on to say, "Let me fill your heart with joy and laughter, Togetherness, well that's all I'm after, Whenever you need me, I'll be there. I'll be there to protect you, with an unselfish love I respect you, Just call my name and I'll be there.

Another favorite scriptures of mine can be found in the book of Jeremiah 29:11-13, where the Lord says, "for I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then You will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

In the Word of God, you have guarantees; you have promises that God cannot go back on; it is not just empty words of a song to make you feel good for a moment. It is a love of a lifetime that you can depend on. God is always there for you and He will protect you if you trust Him with all your heart.

Thought for Today: God never forgets His people; He wants to make a pact with you, and you can call upon Him with confidence and assurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment