Thursday, February 25, 2010

He is Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End

Elisabeth Elliott, a renowned Christian writer, once said, "It is God to whom and with Him we travel, and while He is the end of our journey, He is also at every stopping place."

Very profound indeed but I would contend that God is at the beginning of our journey as well as at every stopping place, and then finally at the end of our journey.

The book of Genesis 2:7 says, "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being."

I have spoken about this earlier, but I want to go somewhere else with it. In this life we live on earth, we are like pilgrim travelers and our journey begins with God, our Creator. The body in which we are contained is like a shell until God brings it alive with "breath of life."

Some people doubt the existence of God but our life and worth came from God's Spirit. God knew us before were formed in our mother's womb. The Word of God tells us that He knows every hair on our head. (Matthew 10:30).

When I think about my own journey, my spiritual journey, I think of the miracle of God I have become since Jesus Christ came into my life. Though God had been me with since birth, I didn't know Him like I do now. I know Him better since I have journeyed through His Word the last 15 years.

Psalm 23 says in part, "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me." This reminds me that God is with me even up to the time of death and He alone can bring me safely to the other side --- the God of life, our shepherd. Because life is uncertain, we should follow this shepherd who offers us eternal comfort.

Once you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, you can be assured that God's Spirit will be with you every stopping place in your life. And why is that? Because He promised and God does not lie.

Thought for Today: God is the Alpha and Omega. He is the beginning and the end and without HIm, there is no beginning or end.

No comments:

Post a Comment